What is an apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is a real job that combines working with studying to gain skills and knowledge in a specific role. For employers they are an ideal way to make sure they have the skills their business needs.
What’s the age limit for an apprentice?
Apprentices must be aged 16 or over, but there is no upper limit.
Can I use apprenticeships to train existing staff?
Yes. If you need to upskill or reskill current employees then an apprenticeship could be an ideal way to do it.
How much does it cost?
Provided your wage bill is less than £3 million per year you only pay 5% of the training and assessment costs for apprentices started after April 1st 2019. The government pays the rest (95%) up to the funding band maximum. There is extra support available for smaller businesses and for employing younger apprentices.